MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

+2
JavaWarlord
Benislav
6 posters

Changes to Transit Policy

Poll

Which of the following should be implemented?

[ 7 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left11%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left12%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left14%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left12%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left0%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left25%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left5%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Changes to Transit Policy Bar_left21%Changes to Transit Policy Bar_right [21%] 

Total Votes: 65
    Benislav
    Admin

Changes to Transit Policy Empty Changes to Transit Policy

Post by Benislav Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 am

Alright.  Here's the poll!  Please choose only either "allow" or "disallow" for each choice.  Conditions can be added in the comments.
    JavaWarlord
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Changes to Transit Policy Empty Re: Changes to Transit Policy

Post by JavaWarlord Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:05 pm

I don't see any options for "allow, but with a cost"
    Benislav
    Admin

Post by Benislav Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 am

That's what I meant by "conditions" in the post.  Unfortunately, the forum host only allows me to offer ten poll options, so this is just about the best I can do.  If you select "allow" or "disallow" and submit a condition (such as "with a price") and your condition isn't planned on being implemented, I'll go ahead and switch the vote to the other side.
    JavaWarlord
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by JavaWarlord Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

Ah, well then, I am in favor of all of them as long as there are usage costs.
    Alyusha

Post by Alyusha Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 pm

It'd be pretty cool If we could buy Warp points for insane prices (like 10-20k) that way people can still have more than one place easily while also giving Money a use. Imo this is better than the current /back system seeing how it kinda removes a lot from dying and makes it really easy to transverse. 

That being said, this is a non pvp server so letting people negate deaths while imo I don't like it, doesn't really effect the over all game seeing how no one should be dying to players.
    Aandolin

Post by Aandolin Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 pm

I am with the allowing everything camp. Only thing I think there should be a price on is warping. Maybe also a price on back but much less then the price on warp.
    CheeseDoctor22
    CheeseDoctor22
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by CheeseDoctor22 Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Alyusha wrote:That being said, this is a non pvp server so letting people negate deaths while imo I don't like it, doesn't really effect the over all game seeing how no one should be dying to players.

PvE means Player Versus Environment, which is what Nova is. Dying completely affects the game, you lose your tools and blocks and whatever else you have on you, and have to get them back or make new ones. It's a vital part of surviving and thriving, so I think /back is incredibly OP.
    Alyusha

Post by Alyusha Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 pm

CheeseDoctor22 wrote:
    Alyusha wrote:That being said, this is a non pvp server so letting people negate deaths while imo I don't like it, doesn't really effect the over all game seeing how no one should be dying to players.

PvE means Player Versus Environment, which is what Nova is. Dying completely affects the game, you lose your tools and blocks and whatever else you have on you, and have to get them back or make new ones. It's a vital part of surviving and thriving, so I think /back is incredibly OP.

I agree, and this is a bad argument for it but If you don't like it, noone is forcing you to use it. Thats what I ment by it not effecting Pve, if you really don't like it then you really don't have to use it.
    GunnaGitcha
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by GunnaGitcha Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 am

The main arguments against having the different warp commands seems to be that having them enabled doesn't incentivize players to come together and build infrastructure around the server. However, I think warps are just sort of a blanket covering the real issue stopping infrastructure from being built, and that issue is the lack of reasons to WANT to travel places.  Why leave my town when there isn't anything elsewhere that I necessarily need or want?
    As the server develops and shops, farms, etc. pop up there will be more of a call for ways to travel across the map but as it stands now there is little to entice players to go other places than where they call home.
    By making the warp commands cost server money, there will be an actual reason to try to make shops and trade with other players to get more money.  It will help stimulate an almost non existent economy and bring players together.
    That being said, I believe that certain /warp destinations should be set up in places of importance like town halls, the end portal, or even every X amount of blocks in a grid-like pattern across the map.  The /warp command should cost some amount of currency, /back should stay removed, and everything else should remain as it is and free.
    This would make people want to use the warp command to get to important places and stimulate the economy/bring people together so that they could continue to use said command.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 am