MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

Moderator Applications

Benislav
    Admin

Moderator Applications

Post by Benislav on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Hey, guys.  Nova's been going pretty strong for a while now, and I think it may be necessary to get some extra help around the server.  So, without further ado, here is the moderator application.

Minecraft Username:
    Time Spent on Nova:
    Time Zone:
    How Often You Can be Active:
    Any Experience with Moderation:
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?:

And there it is.  Simply copy and paste it into a reply or message to have your application considered.  Please keep in mind that the moderator role is one that comes with a fair amount of responsibility.  While it's not the most formal affair, you should be prepared to pass fair judgment and negotiate any problems that occur on the server.  Thanks for your time!

Edit for Clarification:
    Expected Responsibilities of Moderators

• Spend a fair amount of time on the server.  There are no specific schedules or set periods of time that you must be on, because at the end of the day, the goal is to have you maintain a fun experience on the server.  That said, you should be able to put in at least a couple of hours a day (with necessary exceptions, naturally).
    • Know basic moderation commands such as /ban and /kick
    • Understand the server rules.
    • Be able to help anyone on the server who requires it, usually by answering questions.
    • Responsibly react to any negative situations that may arise on the server and be able to make calm decisions regarding what should be done.
    • Communicate well with players as well as other staff.
    • Enjoy your time on Nova!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

JavaWarlord
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Re: Moderator Applications

Post by JavaWarlord on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Can you list some of the specific duties and expectations you are looking for?

By the way, the other forum sections are locked to administrators only.

Duskblade95

Application

Post by Duskblade95 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Minecraft Username:Duskblade95
    Time Spent on Nova:According to reddit, 23 days. Many, many hours.
    Time Zone: Eastern US
    How Often You Can be Active: Pretty much everyday. During the summer I'll be off and on all day long, except for the last week of July which I probably won't be on at all. Once school starts, I'll be on probably everyday from around 3pm to 9 or 10pm.
    Any Experience with Moderation: I've been in training for a moderator position on two prior servers but both shut down before I finished training. I do have a lot of leadership experience however. I was a marching band section leader last year and I am currently one of two band presidents. I also attended the RYLA 2013 leadership conference.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: I loved cobbleton and the people on it and now that Nova has been started and I'm beginning to see a lot of my old friends join, I'd like to help ensure the this server endures and grows. The Nova's community is amazing and I thoroughly enjoy spending time with everyone on the server so I want to make sure that our community expands and that Nova continues to be successful.

Last edited by Duskblade95 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

GunnaGitcha
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by GunnaGitcha on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Minecraft Username:  GunnaGitcha
    Time Spent on Nova: 20 Days and hundreds of hours.
    Time Zone:  PST
    How Often You Can be Active:  Daily
    Any Experience with Moderation:  Modded on a few small private MC servers and have been moderating forums/games since my early days in Diablo.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: I enjoy helping people and making their experiences on the server as enjoyable as possible.   If there is a way for me to do that more effectively I'm interested. 

Wolfffyyyy
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by Wolfffyyyy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Minecraft Username: Wolfffyyyy
    Time Spent on Nova: Many hours haha. No idea on exact time.
    Time Zone: West coast. PST
    How Often You Can be Active: Pretty active. Since i'm looking for a job, I don't have much else to do 
    Any Experience with Moderation: I've been a moderator on a couple gaming forums previously but nothing on minecraft.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: I enjoyed the cobbleton server you guys ran, and I'm loving this server. And I'd love to be able to help out in any way i could. 

Jagdat

Post by Jagdat on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Minecraft Username: jagdat
    Time Spent on Nova: Got on in the beggining and spent a fair amount of time on the server, I try and make it on everyday
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    How Often You Can be Active: Atleast, 1-2 hours a day
    Any Experience with Moderation: Used to own a server. I've got a basic understanding of what it takes to operate a server, how to handle disputes diplomatically and run community events.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: To contribute to the community and to help new players feel welcome

mightymatt0
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by mightymatt0 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Minecraft Username: mightymatt0
    Time Spent on Nova: A few days.
    Time Zone: EST
    How Often You Can be Active: I am active everyday for at least 2 to 3 hours.
    Any Experience with Moderation: I was a mod on a server called ORIGINS. I understand how to keep the server in check, I know most of the commands, and i work with students so i know how to handle problems correctly and i know how to "run the show" if need be.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: I loved working as a mod on ORIGINS and now NOVA is a better, more community like server which i want to contribute to, improving the server for every user.

JavaWarlord
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by JavaWarlord on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Minecraft Username: JavaWarlord
    Time Spent on Nova: 21 days
    Time Zone: ET
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: I am not really applying for the position of server mod. I would really just prefer to relax and play for a while. Plus, there are some good people that are logged on far more often than I am. 
    However, if you are looking for a forum moderator, I would be more than happy to help out with that since while I can't play MC at work, I can work on our forums.

Last edited by JavaWarlord on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wolfmanownz
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by Wolfmanownz on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 am

Minecraft Username: wwefan8/Wolfmanownz
    Time Spent on Nova: 1 month according to reddit
    Time Zone: EST
    How Often You Can be Active: Almost every day, however my internet provider takes their time when a storm wipes it out, so there might be gaps where I don't log on for 2-3 days
    Any Experience with Moderation: I'm an admin on a small vanilla snapshot server called HellStarMicro, however there's literally nothing I need to do there. Everyone is polite and nobody griefs/steals/spams or anything. 
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: I dunno. It just seemed like I should apply.
    tsukuru
    Stone Member
    Stone Member

Post by tsukuru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:16 am

Minecraft Username: tsukuru
    Time Spent on Nova: Far too long...
    Time Zone: The future / GMT +11
    How Often You Can be Active: alll hours of the day depending on level of internets
    Any Experience with Moderation: Managed to get up to the glorious position of Head Mod on Cobbleton two iterations ago.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?: Help provide a  24hour support network for people whom are in this part of the world and the night owls ^^ Also love helping solve problems and such like Very Happy
    wtyarnall
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by wtyarnall on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Minecraft Username: wtyarnall
    Time Spent on Nova: 30 days with many hours logeged
    Time Zone: Eastern USA
    How Often You Can be Active: Usually a few hours a night sometimes more
    Any Experience with Moderation:  I have never moderated another server but I do have my own survival server that I used to play with some of my friends but they don't get on anymore.
    Why do you want to be a Moderator?:  I want to get more involved in the server and make sure its a place where everyone can have fun.
    Wolfmanownz
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by Wolfmanownz on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:20 pm

This isn't an application, but I feel that moderators shouldn't be able to fly. It's ridiculously overpowered and really takes away from the vanilla aspect of the server. I mean, the admins don't fly (to my knowledge), why should the mods be any different?
    Astriii
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by Astriii on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Minecraft Username:
    Astriii

Time Spent on Nova:
    I joined the first week and been playing very frequent since then

Time Zone:
    CET

Until 12th of August:
    - As much as I can, I believe I will be online more than I have recently due to having holidays. I can be expected online in the afternoons and the evenings.
    After 12th of August:
    - I start school so I won't be able to be as much online in the daytime, but I have the evenings free as well as the weekends. It's hard to say at the moment as I don't know my schedule yet and how many assignments I will get.

I've been moderator working my way to admin on the server I previously played on. I was moderator for roughly 6 months then ranked to admin. Still have my rank on the server though I have resigned and no longer "work" there.

Why do you want to be a Moderator?:
    Being able to help out if its questions, issues or other matters. I know the server is getting along pretty good, but I also feel its growing with new players joining us and I'd like to be able to help out if more serious issues occur as well.

Suggestion regarding moderator rank:
    - Use of duty plugin (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/duties/) and a fly plugin (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/fly/)
    Make it so the moderators can only use the fly command while working. The plugin is also nice in other ways, as it saves your location and items while on duty allowing you to work and when done and the off duty command is typed you get put out of fly, to the saved location and with the same items.

- A ticket plugin, if no staff is online or all staff is busy players can submit tickets with questions or issues making the staff available to see this when logging in / see what order to help players in. Hkenneth, he is a bukkit developer, got a nice plugin he updated and made a web module for, he is willing to share.

- Not sure if you have this, but an addition to kick/ban is a /warn function. If the offense is not serious enough for a ban or kick, give the player a warning. If the player keep up with these small offenses a staff can see it happening over time and have a talk with the player about it via pm's or mails or say enough is enough if the player still don't stop.
    MoMoe0
    Admin

Post by MoMoe0 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:29 am

Wolfmanownz wrote:This isn't an application, but I feel that moderators shouldn't be able to fly. It's ridiculously overpowered and really takes away from the vanilla aspect of the server. I mean, the admins don't fly (to my knowledge), why should the mods be any different?

Hey, could you post a new thread about this in the complaints forum? I just created it for such situations. If you could, post as much detail with your complaint. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm