MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

3 posters

Idea: No Transport Command Day

Benislav
    Admin

Idea: No Transport Command Day Empty Idea: No Transport Command Day

Post by Benislav Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey, everyone. I was talking in the Teamspeak the other day with a few others, and we were thinking of the possibility of setting aside an upcoming day as a "No Transport Command Day", or a day in which we disable the much-loved /tpa, /spawn, and similar commands. We feel the exclusion of these commands could add some awesome gameplay to the server, and encourage people to explore, wander, and construct infrastructure rather than just gather resources to do nothing with.

Now, I thought I'd make this thread here, mainly because I believe it will help us move into the situation. First, I'd like to say that I very much welcome constructive criticism and suggestions, but this isn't the place to whine about an idea like this, and neither is the server. Whining never helps anything. Second, I'd like to ask that constructive criticism and suggestions be backed up with reasoning. We're looking towards trying this idea because we think it'll inspire exploration, construction, and experience. Suggesting that we "keep /tpa" ruins that idea.

We're currently unsure when this may happen, but we're looking forward to it! Thanks, everyone!
    MoMoe0
    MoMoe0
    Admin

Idea: No Transport Command Day Empty Re: Idea: No Transport Command Day

Post by MoMoe0 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 pm

I would love to see this. I see users building roads to places they need to go in preparation for this one day a week.
    Jediah_614
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by Jediah_614 Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:22 pm

This sounds great to me, however I would suggest that players return to their bed if they happen to die. This way you have to run from your home to your death point, rather than spawn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am