MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

Ban appeal 2, I'm sorry.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

ilay5994

Re: Ban appeal 2, I'm sorry.

Post by ilay5994 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:31 am

Hello,
    Mitch realy is a good guy this kinda his jokes and he is not mean to do no harm for anybody.
    Mitch maybe shouldnt go so far with this joke in the chat but hey! Its just words writen in the chat and I think he realy deserve a mute or somthing like that but ban forever its just not right, he deserve a secound chance on the server, it's realy a good server and just make sure you do the right thing.
    CheeseDoctor22
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by CheeseDoctor22 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm putting my input here because I have strong feelings about this situation. Very sorry if I sound harsh, but I really need to get my points across. On our old servers, we've always believed in second chances, always, and I'd like to say that we still do. However, I really feel like this situation has to be different. I respect you for owning up to your actions, but I still feel like you're not being completely honest with any of us. From what I've heard from a multitude of people is that this is not the only time you've done this.
    You weren't banned for this one time, you were banned because I've been told you have a record of doing things like this. These reports come from people I highly trust, and although I can tell you're fully sorry about this one time, I don't think you're seeing the big picture. People said that you had a history of doing things like this, being mischievous and sometimes rude in chat. I hate for it to be true, but like I said, I completely trust these people who told me.
    I'd also like to add that Tsuk, Astri, Ben, Mo and I all went into TS and had a talk about what has happened. In the end, it was a unanimous decision that you would remain banned. I don't know completely, but I feel like this still stands. I also showed Mo screenshots of the chat from the situation, and that seemed to make him even more sure you would remain banned. I'll give the imgur link to any other staff member who wants it, nobody else was on at the time I'm afraid. Of course, I wasn't there when other situations happened, but from what I hear, some of your antics just seem like you really were trying to upset people.
    Although it may not seem like it, we value every single one of our rules the exact same on Nova. You may not have griefed a town or used an X-Ray hack, you did disrespect a large number of the members on the server and made playing no longer fun for some, which is huge. It was also very clear you were not using common sense when you were messing with Tsuk and I or messing with other people on other occasions. That's a third of the rules right there. Mo has also brought up the point that griefing is not only destroying blocks, but also ruining the experience for others on the server which I'm sorry, but it's pretty clear that you've done. That's half of the rules, and to be honest, we don't have many because we want people to have fun, but when having fun disallows other people to have fun, there's a giant problem.
    So, I'm very sorry Mitch, but I still feel very strongly that you remain banned. I'm not the only one with input on this matter, but I've tried to put in things that other staff members have said as to not give a biased opinion.

And ilay, I'm sorry, but please let the staff members handle this. You've begged me on the server multiple times to unban him and I think the staff can handle it. However, I will address what you said. Even though Mitch may have been joking about trying to kill Tsuk and burn all his stuff, that still makes me and others very aware that a mute wouldn't do. Because if he were to do something like that, there's nothing that the mute can do to stop him. I'll also further evaluate on the second chances, because this has happened so many times before he had MANY more than another chance to stop. I don't want to go into everything too much because this situation really isn't about you, but I still value your input very much, as do the other members of the staff, but please know that we've all heard your voice, so you can just let it be now.

Thanks everybody, sorry if my voice isn't quite clear because I know I rambled a lot and everything might be kind of confusing but I'm sure you get the gist of it.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    MoMoe0
    Admin

Post by MoMoe0 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Unless any other staff member has an objection, ban still stands.
    Lain3zi

Post by Lain3zi on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Even thought Cheese said to let the admins handle this I really have to say something. I've spend many hours building and chatting with Mitch and even tho he is not my long time friend I can assure you he is really a nice and cool guy. He has his "trolly" sense of humor but he wouldn't do any of those things that he says. I've known him for like 5days and I still gave him access to my base and all my diamonds and everything, and he didn't even think of griefing me.

I'm aware that anything that I will/can say will most likely not change your opinion or your decision but I honestly think you should give him a second chance. I promise he won't disappoint you and make you regret giving him a second chance.
    CheeseDoctor22
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by CheeseDoctor22 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Guys, I'm sorry, but like Mo said, the ban still stands. You said yourself Mitch that Tsuk asked you to stop once before, and you say that you 'cut it out immediately'. However, it seems you didn't truly 'stop', you just took a break for the day, or else it wouldn't have happened again. After you've been told to stop, you're ON your second chance. You continued trolling around and you were banned. Afterwards, I'm sorry, but a lot of people were glad because they didn't like being around when you were on and a couple people even said they didn't come on as often because you were always doing something in chat. It may just have been the people on at the time, but that was honestly the general consensus.
    I'd also like to bring up that even if nobody told you, you should have been aware of the rules. If I'm honest, people usually know when they're disrespecting other people, even people who want you unbanned are saying that you had a 'trolly' attitude. It's called common sense, and using it is a rule.

I'm sorry that everything happened this way, but at some point we need to move on.
    -Sorry if I seemed rude, Cheese

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 25, 2018 6:22 pm