MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

4 posters

Towny or similar plugin integration

GunnaGitcha
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Towny or similar plugin integration Empty Towny or similar plugin integration

Post by GunnaGitcha Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 am

Since a large portion of the Nova population has been joining together in different towns I think it would benefit the server to have a plugin like Towny to allow players to be able to tell who is part of what town and build economies and whatnot between places.  It could be as simple as a cosmetic tag before or after the players name or as intricate as dedicated land management, shops and economies, warps/spawns, and chat enhancements. 

It would be cool to be able to see who is aligned with each town as more and more pop up on the server.
    CheeseDoctor22
    CheeseDoctor22
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Towny or similar plugin integration Empty Re: Towny or similar plugin integration

Post by CheeseDoctor22 Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:58 am

We talked about this a while ago, and honestly, I'm just not too found of the idea. The decision is only partially mine however, so you'll have to see what Ben thinks Wink 

Addressing your topic though, 
    1) It's actually fairly easy to figure out who's in a town. Some towns have town resident boards and others make people put their name by their plot so people know who's it is. 
    2) Building economies is something that might benefit, but we do already have markets that people can buy and sell from or to respectively. Markets are only in towns to try and push people into creating/joining one so the economy is really fueled from towns already.
    3) Your suggestions on telling what towns people are in are pretty cool. Could be a couple issues but none too large.
    4) I'm honestly really against warps to the towns or anywhere really. We have a train station people can link their town up to and there's nothing wrong with a little adventuring Wink. We're not trying to make the game too easy afterall.

But yeah, that's just my opinion, so we'll see how everything goes!
    Benislav
    Admin

Towny or similar plugin integration Empty Re: Towny or similar plugin integration

Post by Benislav Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Alright, my main concern with adding a plugin similar to towny is how it would interact with the existing plugins on the server as well as how much it might modify the server, specifically whether or not it would be a burden.  Towny isn't a plugin I have experience with, so I'm really not sure if I can yet make a sound judgment on the plugin.  I like any idea of enhancing towns, but the features of Towny make me a little unsure.  Can I get some further opinions on this?
    creepa
    creepa
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by creepa Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Can we have a testrun for it?
    Maybe create a different world (e.g /warp towny) so that we can try it out a little and if anything happens it wont affect the real world?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am