MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

3 posters

Suggestion for a Viable Economy

Poll

Good or Bad Idea

[ 2 ]
    Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_left40%Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_left0%Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_left40%Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_left0%Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_left20%Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Bar_right [20%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Aandolin

Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Empty Suggestion for a Viable Economy

Post by Aandolin Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Hey gang, so here is the thought I've had rattling around in my head for awhile. How can we make a viable and well used economy that is both fair to everyone and worth using? I've come up with what I think might be a solution but I'd like to hear others.

Aandolin's Plan for a Viable and Vibrant Economy:

Step 1. Money needs a reset. I think almost everyone that has a huge amount of money on this server used the /sell function before it was changed not that long ago. Unlike the original incarnation of the resource world, which was at first exactly how Ben intended it; The /sell function I've heard him sayhe before (if I'm not mistaken) he never intended to be used the way it was. All of that said, I know its not fair to just take that money away from those who earned it, even if it was in a way not intended. I propose compensating them in some way, how should be up for debate.

Step 2. Creation of both a large Bank of Nova near spawn, and a large shopping complex a little ways from the spawn. Here me out on this one. The Bank of Nova starts out with all of the money except for perhaps a small amount everyone receives from the get go. (Based on how many hours you've logged maybe?) The Bank of Nova (henceforth referred to as the BoV) will buy certain items each week to stimulate the economy. Prices would be based on supply and demand as shown by the transactions in The Shopping Complex where any player can set up a shop and sell or buy whatever they want.

Step 2.1 The creation of someone or a team of people teamed The Banker/s. They set the prices in the BoV. If they are good enough at fiance maybe they could even offer loans and such. Who knows, If ben or moe wanted to do this awesome, if not because of time issues maybe applications for the position?

Step 3. Profit. Adjust the system as is needed.

Would love to hear your feedback ladies and gents.

What do you think?
    Jagdat

Suggestion for a Viable Economy  Empty Re: Suggestion for a Viable Economy

Post by Jagdat Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:52 pm

A reset isnt bad, since the cash is useless without an economy, although its a point that's going to be discussed.

I like the idea of a different item being purchased each week to supply, although i dont think a full bank is needed in terms of housing money or loans.

I think we need to provide something people want to spend the money on, that provides the incentive to earn and save to purchase these items
    mightymatt0
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by mightymatt0 Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:49 pm

I dont think there should be a bank, theres too much room for corruption or for the economy to start to slump due to human error. There should be a shop at spawn that lets the player sell items to the shop so the player can get money. This would never fail and keep everyone nearly on the same standard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content