MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

4 posters

The Near Future

Benislav
    Admin

The Near Future Empty The Near Future

Post by Benislav Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Hey, everyone.  It's been a while, I know, and it's long overdue that I let you all know what's been going on.

I've been dealing with a lot of school and other real life stuff recently, and I haven't really had the time to spend much of it managing the server.  Recently, I thought I'd made the choice to shut the server down.  With funds running dry and the server eating up money monthly, I'm not completely sure I can justify spending the money the server takes to keep it up.  That said, I looked at the dynmap today and noticed a couple players on, and that they had created awesome things in my absence.  When I set up Nova, I opened it with the intentions of never wiping the world and never destroying the creativity of those who would play on it.  I'm not sure I can afford to keep the server up for much longer, so I have to reach out to you.

I've never really asked for donations before, but I feel they may be necessary, and I'd like to offer up a chance for those who play to keep the server up.  In the link I'll be posting, I'd like to let you all know that all donations are placed directly in the server account.  Every dollar, euro, penny, and pound donated will go to keeping the server up.  I don't see a cent of it, and if I'm not going to be actively working on the server, I don't believe I should see a cent of it.

That said, I'm unsure the server can survive alone without proper administration and moderation.  I'll be taking care of those issues soon as well.

I'm glad you've enjoyed Nova.

Donation link: https://exodushosting.net/billing/grouppay.php?hash=daf4b-274c6-f4f6d-0c309-97b6a-0ac4f-73
    Lain3zi
    Lain3zi

The Near Future Empty Re: The Near Future

Post by Lain3zi Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 pm

If/When you decide to shut down the server (seems like it's going to happen sooner or later) please let us have a copy of the world file. I think many people would like to have it, including me. I hope you can keep the server running as long as possible because of some projects me and Iden are working on but if you really have to shut the server down I understand your decision and respect it Smile.

-Lain3zi
    wtyarnall
    wtyarnall
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by wtyarnall Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey I wasn't sure but the server was down yesterday.  Is it going to be shutdown for good??  I agree with Lain3zi if you do shut it down for good can you please provide a world save.  Also will you be trying to start a new one?  I was just wondering what the plan was.  I miss playing with everyone.  It seems like school and other things tend to get in the way.  I am gonna try and get on more if it is just down temporarily and I wouldn't have a problem shooting you some money to help keep it up.  I could also help with moderating or whatever if you need it. Maybe we need to start a new recruitment campaign.  If anyone plays anything else like xbox or ps3 let me know I had a great time playing with you guys.  Probably one of the best servers I have been on until the great slowdown.  Just was putting in my 2cents.  My xbox gamertag is Jeep13 my ps one I have to look up i dont play that as much.
    wtyarnall
    wtyarnall
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by wtyarnall Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:51 am

So I guess the server is down???
    flipswiz

Post by flipswiz Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm

I hope that there will be a world save up for download like Lain3zi and wtyarnall said? I believe many people would like to have it Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm