MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

+4
mightymatt0
Aandolin
JavaWarlord
Benislav
8 posters

Spawn City

Benislav
    Admin

Spawn City Empty Spawn City

Post by Benislav Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 am

Alright, going in line with some recent discussion, I've become very interested with the idea of starting a spawn city.  Before we start, I'd like to talk about  it here and ask what you guys think.  So far, I'm fairly into the idea of making it a modern-looking city with at least semi-urban architecture.  I think it'd be a pretty neat centerpiece to the server.  I'm also interested in creating it all in survival mode and with the help of anyone on the server willing to help!  My key concerns:

• I want spawn to look good.  It doesn't have to be any sort of perfection, but I don't want anything ruining the look in any way.
    • I really don't want anyone volunteering for the project who won't be able to fulfill what they'd like to do.  If you can't work on it every hour of every day, that's totally acceptable.  If you're going to start a skyscraper and never top it off, I'm not too sure about that.

Looking forward to it, guys!
    JavaWarlord
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Spawn City Empty Re: Spawn City

Post by JavaWarlord Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Sounds likes a great idea! let's do it!
    Aandolin

Post by Aandolin Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

I for one think is this an awesome idea.

I actually was thinking the other day about what I could reasonably complete in a week or two and was wondering what people would think about a railway going from the spawn railway station to a large building/possibly strip mall looking spot with shops from a bunch of players that want to sell things?

I was thinking of leveling out about a 200x100 block of space for this, and would so probably put it somewhere not actually near the spawn. Would love some help or suggestions for this project.

I was also thinking that since it'd be far away from the spawn we could put a little sign in the server shop there (maybe even build a nice looking building with signs saying it's a shop) and direct people towards buying and selling supplies in that big market place (this is possible right?)

Anyway, let me know on here or in game what you think!

Regards,
    Aandolin
    mightymatt0
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by mightymatt0 Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm

I totally agree and i am so down to help out
    MoMoe0
    MoMoe0
    Admin

Post by MoMoe0 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am

Okay I'm totally down for this idea. However, I have a huge concern. Whenever I join a new server on Minecraft, I'm totally amazed at some of the spawns. They are absolutely huge and beautiful, but I always quit on the server within some odd minutes because I never know what to do or where to go. It's all super huge and confusing.

If we build a spawn city, you have to take a step back and look at it from a new comers eyes every once in a while. We need to make it super organized and if people just want to get straight to building, we'll have to show them a quick way out.
    mightymatt0
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by mightymatt0 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 am

MoMoe0 wrote:Okay I'm totally down for this idea. However, I have a huge concern. Whenever I join a new server on Minecraft, I'm totally amazed at some of the spawns. They are absolutely huge and beautiful, but I always quit on the server within some odd minutes because I never know what to do or where to go. It's all super huge and confusing.

If we build a spawn city, you have to take a step back and look at it from a new comers eyes every once in a while. We need to make it super organized and if people just want to get straight to building, we'll have to show them a quick way out.

i really really agree. It should be easy to get off nicely but quickly too
    Astriii
    Astriii
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by Astriii Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Here is a few of my suggestions of things we could add to spawn:

- Feature corner with info about the server, plugins and ranks
    - Basic farms for players to get started
    - Market area
    - Black Market
    - Bank
    - Staff board with the heads of the current staff
    - Train station
    - Town Board, info how to join and how to start a town
    - Villagers for trading

I do like the idea of a modern city, however I am worried if skyscrapers could make it a bit difficult for new players to navigate.

I suggest an open area where they spawn, say the actual spawn point is the center of a circle with 4 roads leading out leading to the wilderness as well as:

- Bank, market, village trading, admin shops
    - Feature corner, staff board, town board
    - Farms
    - Train station

The open area could also have some smaller builds (trees, houses and so on) for decoration as well, making it fun to explore but easy to navigate around.
    MasonDerp
    MasonDerp
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by MasonDerp Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:42 am

I have been gathering a lot of materials, and I would like to build at the spawn as well.  I was really intrested in building a large park with some landscaping ideas I have been wanted to test out, it could be a central park, or I could wedge it in anywhere to add to the decor of the spawn area.  Since we are going for a city look, I think a park would be a perfect fit.  Some other things that I brainstormed that might be fun are:

- Cafe with working dispenser refrigerators and starting items
            - Bar or some other similar type of central hangout.
            - A museum that could included things like the dragon egg, picture frames with the server map, creeper heads, things like that
            - A Hospital (it would be funny if after you die, that became the spawn point) Very Happy 
            - A nursery with stocks of saplings and trees for harvest
            - A Stadium
            - Courthouse
            - A Magic academy/school with an enchanting table and potion brewing.
            - um... some kind of room with uh, a moose or something, I am out of ideas

Anyway, I would be excited about building any of these things, but I like the Park the most.  I will build a skyscraper too, but I don't want to bite off more then I can chew.  Looking forward to more input and conversation
    bounce
    Astriii
    Astriii
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by Astriii Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Love the magic academy idea you got there, the whole list adds a lot of ideas of what we could have at the spawn in my opinion.

Also like your garden/park idea, mixing that with buildings. Would for sure make a very pretty and open looking spawn. What about having a spawn tree as the center or something? Smile just an idea
    wtyarnall
    wtyarnall
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by wtyarnall Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:41 am

Is the Market at Spawn gonna be ready soon? If you need any help I would be more than glad to help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:58 pm