MC Nova: Something New

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MC Nova: Something New

MC Nova, something new in the world of Minecraft.

+5
JavaWarlord
GunnaGitcha
CheeseDoctor22
Benislav
Norsak
9 posters

/Warp, /Back, /Home, /Spawn

Norsak
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

/Warp, /Back, /Home, /Spawn Empty /Warp, /Back, /Home, /Spawn

Post by Norsak Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:05 pm

It seems like Nova is reaching a point in every popular server's life: every town is connected to the central hub, and travel is all but automated. Every town (I think?) has a rail or elevated path that leads to the spawn.

I love that. The other day, I took a cart to New Stratos and got to see what other people have been building as I flew by on my (t)rusty iron steed. Awesome.

Furthermore, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Benislav mentioned that there will never be a /warp network. Frankly, I'm glad. Fast travel eliminates the necessity of walking around and seeing things.

So my suggestion is a simple one. Just like the /Warp command, remove /Back, /Home, and /Spawn. Well, maybe not /Spawn. Would this help to build community and exploration, or would it make travel boring and tedious?
    Benislav
    Admin

/Warp, /Back, /Home, /Spawn Empty Re: /Warp, /Back, /Home, /Spawn

Post by Benislav Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:32 pm

I think this is an interesting question and suggestion.  Initially, I never intended for the /back command to be publicly available.  Its use sprouted from my refusal to add permissions until they became more necessary, and so people became accustomed to them.  Reading this, I felt as if removing /home and /spawn may be excessive, but upon closer thought, I realized that these commands are not traditionally available in single player and that people manage without them.  That said, I have to wonder if it becomes tedious to wander when you're not alone in the world.

I'd love to hear some more opinions on this, as I'd love to encourage wandering and building, but I don't want to make anything more tedious than necessary.
    CheeseDoctor22
    CheeseDoctor22
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by CheeseDoctor22 Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah, I really don't know. It would definitely make people work together to build tracks and paths etc. to their places, but I don't know if it would get tedious or not.

As it stands now, I'd like no more than one home, for sure. I'm not sure about none.

I'm really not sure about /spawn. 

I've never liked that /back was available. It makes dying no big deal unless you fall into lava, so I'm really not a fan.
    GunnaGitcha
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by GunnaGitcha Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:20 pm

If there is a way to make /back cost money it would help to grow the economy and add a much used gold sink into the server.
    Norsak
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by Norsak Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm

GunnaGitcha wrote:If there is a way to make /back cost money it would help to grow the economy and add a much used gold sink into the server.
    But then the rich would get richer.
    JavaWarlord
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by JavaWarlord Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:22 am

I am not a fan of having a /warp command. However, if most people want it, I would accept it as long as it cost money to use.
    GunnaGitcha
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by GunnaGitcha Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:15 am

Norsak wrote:
    GunnaGitcha wrote:If there is a way to make /back cost money it would help to grow the economy and add a much used gold sink into the server.
    But then the rich would get richer.

...how? It would only deplete currency while making an already overpowered command into a gold sink for the server.
    mightymatt0
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by mightymatt0 Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 am

leave it how it is! some people favor the back command. When you live off totally alone like me its hard to get around. And if you dont want it just dont use it, its that simple. Having it available is the better option for the people
    Wolfffyyyy
    Dirt Member
    Dirt Member

Post by Wolfffyyyy Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Personally, I'd say remove /back. It makes it too easy to get around. If you get stuck in a cave, you can /home, then /back when you're ready, which takes some fun and a lot of danger out of the game. 

/home is fine as long as it is limited to one house. And maybe put a cool down on it. Say.. You can use it once every 5 minutes or so. 

/spawn doesn't seem like it really hurts anything. Maybe have it cost some amount of money to use? 

Those are all my ideas on it.
    Jagdat

Post by Jagdat Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm

I say remove /back, I used to use it alot with no regard for my life simply cause I could get pick up my stuff again.

/home is great for people who live so far from spawn that building a rail isn't too feasible at the moment, also if they did get a rail built there would have to be some sort of cart dispenser/seller spawn to get them back home.

/tpa is one that should be removed, players wont use the rails if they can just request a teleport to the person they want to see. if that was removed and /spawn was kept in, then the spawn city would become more of a hub where people can meet and trade, or hop on a rail to where they want to go.
    mightymatt0
    Cobblestone Member
    Cobblestone Member

Post by mightymatt0 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Jagdat wrote:I say remove /back, I used to use it alot with no regard for my life simply cause I could get pick up my stuff again.

/home is great for people who live so far from spawn that building a rail isn't too feasible at the moment, also if they did get a rail built there would have to be some sort of cart dispenser/seller spawn to get them back home.

/tpa is one that should be removed, players wont use the rails if they can just request a teleport to the person they want to see. if that was removed and /spawn was kept in, then the spawn city would become more of a hub where people can meet and trade, or hop on a rail to where they want to go.
    all that stuff is helpful and should be available to the players who need it and want to play with it!
    Alyusha

Post by Alyusha Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 pm

/back I can see being removed tho I think it hurts people who want to have more than one building.

/home Should stay seeing how most servers have it and it really helps those who live on the outer rim of the world

/spawn Should stay because its /spawn and its really nice to have.

/tpa being removed also hurts the people who live on the outer rim seeing how it would make me less likely to go across the zone to see someone just because they don't have a track built yet.

Over all I think removing any excpet /back will hurt the community. But that is just my 2 cents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 pm